- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Britannia & Co.
Britannia & Co. Review
Office workers come here for the world-famous chicken berry pulao—and Boman Kohnior, whose father founded the restaurant in 1923, still takes their orders. When he chants—and he will—"fresh lime soda sweet to beat the Mumbai heat!" you will order just that, but it's that pulao, with rice, chicken, gravy, and dried fruit, that will keep you coming back. Parsi food is only available in Mumbai, and this is one of the oldest Parsi restaurants that, thankfully, hasn't tried to go upscale. It's simple, fast, heavy, blissfully unhealthy food served in a dingy-looking shop with simple tables.
- Address: Wakefield House, Strott Rd., opposite New Custom House, Ballard Estate Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
- Phone: 22/2261–5264
- Location: Mumbai
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
I just wanted to write a brief note, having just returned to our home just 2 hours ago. Read more
· News & Features
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there.... Read more
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion,... Read more
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home,... Read more