- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On the eastern bank of the Hooghly River, Kolkata is the commercial hub of Northeastern India. In the southern part of West Bengal, Kolkata is about 45 mi west of Bangladesh and about 60 miles north of the Bay of Bengal. West Bengal borders Nepal to its northwest and the state of Assam and the country of Bhutan to its northeast; its western edge touches the state of Bihar, and Orissa is to its southwest.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's