- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Peter Cat Review
Along with the nearby Mocambo restaurant, this is one of the city's oldest establishments, with an atmosphere that harkens back to its early days in the 1960s. The cello kebab here—a dish with biriani-style rice (flavored with saffron or turmeric), egg, butter, two mutton kebabs, and one chicken kebab—is one of the most popular dishes in Kolkata. The dining room is intimate, with white stucco walls, Tiffany-style lamps, and soft lighting; the menu is a mixture of good Continental and Indian dishes, especially tandoori fare.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more