- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
The Maidan Review
Known as Kolkata's "green lung," the city's expansive park is dotted with some of its most significant attractions and is highly prized by its citizens, who turn out in the morning for sports and pony rides, and in the evening for snacks and carriage rides. The area came into existence when forests were cleared to give Fort William a clear line of fire.
- Address: Just south of B. B. D. Bagh to the northern border of Alipore, and from the Hooghly River to J. L. Nehru Rd. and the shops of Park St., Central Kolkata, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Location: Central Kolkata and the Maidan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more