Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurant Reviews
Eating out (and indeed eating in) is a favorite pastime in Kolkata. The city was the hub of happening restaurants and clubs in the 1960s—a culture that dwindled with the passing of years. However, after the liberalization of the economy and with the blessings of the open market (open to foreign goods and influences) Kolkata has experienced a vibrant restaurant culture since the mid-1990s. Restaurants here cater to a varied sensibility: Asian, Mexican, Italian, and, of course, Indian. The service is largely friendly, and many places are crowded enough, especially on weekends, to warrant reservations. Best of all, eating out in Kolkata is cheaper compared to cities like Delhi and Mumbai—and every bit as good in terms of quality. Restaurants are generally open daily 12:30 to 3 for lunch and 7:30 to 11 for dinner.
Browse Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurants
Browse Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurants By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's