- Eclectic Architecture The city is packed with gorgeous temples, mosques, universities, and colonial mansions and monuments.
- Walking City Kolkata is best seen on foot take a walk across the Howrah Bridge or go for a wander through the giant Maidan park.
- Cultural Capital Catch a locally-produced English-language movie or play; for astonishing art, head to the Indian Museum, considered the country's best.
- Foodie's Paradise Kolkatans are proud of their food—especially their seafood–and for good reason. This is also the place to try Indian-Chinese food, originated a century ago by Chinese immigrants.
- Book Bargains You might just find a gem at one of the many bookstalls on College Street. Kolkata's book fair, in winter, is one of the largest in the world.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More