Fodor's Essential India
Korean Cafe Review
On the second floor of the Shanti Hotel, overlooking the lake, this small restaurant offers a refreshing break from Indian and continental cuisine. Don't be fooled by its no-frills, white interior and plain wooden furniture—it serves shockingly authentic and tasty Korean cuisine, including two types of kimchi (fermented vegetables with spices) made fresh daily, Gim-bop (rice, meat, egg, and vegetables rolled in edible seaweed), steamed chicken, and "Korean thali," with omelet, sticky rice, and kimchi. Owner, Nikki Shivhare, who speaks fluent Korean, takes great pride in the authenticity, and imports all ingredients (including rice) from Korea.
- Address: Shanti Hotel, opposite Shiv Sagar Lake, near Western Group of Temples Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 471606
- Phone: 7686/274–560
- Location: Khajuraho
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
Our Goway group tour of India was cancelled because of lack of bookings, and we have been offered the same trip with a private guide and driver through Goway. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more