Fodor's Essential India
Korean Cafe Review
On the second floor of the Shanti Hotel, overlooking the lake, this small restaurant offers a refreshing break from Indian and continental cuisine. Don't be fooled by its no-frills, white interior and plain wooden furniture—it serves shockingly authentic and tasty Korean cuisine, including two types of kimchi (fermented vegetables with spices) made fresh daily, Gim-bop (rice, meat, egg, and vegetables rolled in edible seaweed), steamed chicken, and "Korean thali," with omelet, sticky rice, and kimchi. Owner, Nikki Shivhare, who speaks fluent Korean, takes great pride in the authenticity, and imports all ingredients (including rice) from Korea.
- Address: Shanti Hotel, opposite Shiv Sagar Lake, near Western Group of Temples Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 471606
- Phone: 7686/274–560
- Location: Khajuraho
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
I am reading more and more incidents online where these BLS guys have lost(?? Stolen??) passports of US citizens given to them for visa and other services. lots of complaints online with similar 'lost passport' Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more