Korean Cafe Review
On the second floor of the Shanti Hotel, overlooking the lake, this small restaurant offers a refreshing break from Indian and continental cuisine. Don't be fooled by its no-frills, white interior and plain wooden furniture—it serves shockingly authentic and tasty Korean cuisine, including two types of kimchi (fermented vegetables with spices) made fresh daily, Gim-bop (rice, meat, egg, and vegetables rolled in edible seaweed), steamed chicken, and "Korean thali," with omelet, sticky rice, and kimchi. Owner, Nikki Shivhare, who speaks fluent Korean, takes great pride in the authenticity, and imports all ingredients (including rice) from Korea.
- Address: Shanti Hotel, opposite Shiv Sagar Lake, near Western Group of Temples Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 471606
- Phone: 7686/274–560
- Location: Khajuraho
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
My husband and I are working with an agent to reserve rail, flight and drivers. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more