Fodor's Essential India
Brahma Temple Review
This granite-and-sandstone temple, one of the earliest here (circa 900), is probably misnamed. Brahma, a titular member of the triad of Hinduism's great gods, along with Shiva and Vishnu, rarely gets a temple to himself. (The only other famous Brahma Temple is at Pushkar, in Rajasthan.) It differs in design from most of the other temples here, particularly in the combination of materials and the shape of its spire. Nearby is Ninora Tal, one of the largest tanks in Khajuraho.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
Our Goway group tour of India was cancelled because of lack of bookings, and we have been offered the same trip with a private guide and driver through Goway. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more