- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Excellent brochures, maps, pamphlets, and transportation information on all of Kerala's districts are available at any KTDC office. In Kochi, the office is open daily 8–7. Trivandrum's two KTDC offices—one in town and one at the airport—are open weekdays 10–5.
In Kochi, an alternative source of information is the Tourist Desk, a private, nonprofit organization that conducts moderately priced tours and provides clear, straightforward information about the state. In Kannur, the District Tourism Promotion Council is quite active. Central Kerala is well served by the ATDC. The Government of India Tourist Office—open weekdays 9–5:30 and Saturday 9–1—has its own vehicles, boats, lodgings, and tours.
ATDC (Komala Rd., Alleppey, Kerala, 688007. 477/226–1693. www.atdcalleppey.com.)
Kannur District Tourism Promotion Council (Taluk Office Campus, Kannur, Kerala, 670703. 497/270–6336. www.dtpckannur.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's