- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
ATMs are now available in Kerala's major cities: Kochi, Trivandrum, and Calicut. Check for the Cirrus or Plus sign, as many local banks do not accept foreign cards. Look for international banks like ANZ Grindlays, HSBC, and Standard Chartered, as well as the Indian bank ICICI. Make sure your PIN is four digits.
Most of the major hotels have currency exchange services, but its wise to shop around for the best deal. Thomas Cook offers good rates. ANZ Grindlays and any branch of the Bank of India will cash traveler's checks and change hard currency. Traveler's checks sometimes get marginally higher rates than cash.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe