- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Malabar Junction Review
The mix of regional specialties and Mediterranean cuisine at this small, quirky restaurant with an open side facing a garden and swimming pool, isn't as crazy as it sounds—most dishes veer closer to one side or the other. A tasty mahimahi fillet for instance, is flavored with local spices. If you're craving Western food, the pastas are excellent. Seafood is always fresh and perfectly cooked. Don't miss the chocolate-filled samosas in mango sauce, the restaurant's signature dessert. The restaurant has a large selection of Indian and foreign wines.
- Address: The Malabar House, 1/268–1/269 Parade Rd., Fort Cochin, Kochi, Kerala 682001
- Phone: 484/221–6666
- Location: Kochi
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more