- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
The History Review
The intriguing, extensively researched menu draws on the myriad international influences on Kochi's history. Alongside traditional fare you'll find unusual dishes bearing the stamp of the Middle East, Portugal, the local Jewish community, or the days of the British Raj. Some age-old recipes have been passed on to the restaurant by local communities. The lofty, elegant dining room is windowed on all sides, and capped with a gabled wooden ceiling (resembling an upturned ship) supported by massive wood beams. Live sitar and tabla music is performed every evening. Don't miss out on the Railway Mutton Curry from the British Raj era or the Chuttulli Meen, a grilled fish cooked in spices, which is a favorite in Cochin Jewish cuisine.
- Address: Brunton Boatyard Hotel, River Rd., Fort Cochin, Kochi, Kerala 682001
- Phone: 484/221–5461
- Location: Kochi
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more