- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kerala Restaurant Reviews
Eating out is a relatively new concept in Kerala; the older generation views restaurants with a great deal of suspicion and the act of dining outside the home as some sort of tragedy. Most restaurants, as a result, cater to visitors and are often attached to hotels. (The word hotel, in fact, is often synonymous with restaurant.) This doesn't mean that visitors are denied the opportunity to eat an outstanding, authentic meal in Kerala. On the contrary, you'll often find the best authentic food in the better hotels and resorts. The top independent restaurants are in the major cities of Kochi, Calicut, and Trivandrum, or the tourist hub of Kovalam.
Browse Kerala Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's