- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Kerala
Ease Your stress: There's no place better than Kerala to get an ayurvedic oil massage and a yoga session. Let your tension melt away and your body kick back into equilibrium.
Sail along the scenic backwaters: Luxury houseboats come with hotel comforts, but the real attraction is the traditional village life you see drifting by.
Lounge by the sea: Relax along an isolated stretch of sand in North Kerala, access backwaters minutes from the beach at Marari, or party on Kovalam's Lighthouse Beach.
Indulge your taste buds: Whether its spicy, coconut based curries, Portugese and Dutch influenced dishes, or North Kerala biryani cooked in bamboo trunks, Kerala's extensive menu is sure to win over your taste buds.
Tap into the past: Reflect on Kerala's colonial past in Kochi, as you watch the sun set over Fort Cochin harbor, or visit the ancient port of Muziris, India's gateway for world religions.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe