- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Some of Kerala's finest resorts are hidden in this tiny, rapidly developing paradise on the shores of Vembanad Lake. Novelist Arundhati Roy's birthplace, Ayemenem (featured in her 1997 novel The God of Small Things) is close by. Birds abound in the backwaters, as well as in the sanctuary on the lake's eastern shore.
Kumarakom at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's