- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most travelers get to Goa by booking an international flight to Mumbai or Delhi, then hopping a domestic flight to Goa's Dabolim Airport, about 29 km (18 miles) south of Panaji, the state capital. Direct flights are available from many of India's major cities, and most can be booked online.
Buses are infrequent, so it's usually best to take a taxi from here to your destination. You can arrange for a prepaid taxi service at a counter inside the airport, or go straight outside and hire a private cab. Many resorts include airport transfers, or you can prearrange it for a fee. Alternatively, a government taxi desk outside the arrivals hall can organize a prepaid taxi. This is a better option than trying to negotiate fares with persistent drivers yourself. Either way, the fare to Panaji should not exceed Rs. 500.
Dabolim Airport (Goa. 832/245–0723.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe