- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Until recently, Goa's southernmost sandy stretch—nicknamed Paradise Beach—really was like a dream. The tourists who reached Palolem, in the Canacona district, were only nature lovers and privacy seekers. Even so, despite the influx of shacks, hotels, restaurants, and discos, this mile-long, crescent-shape stretch of white sand remains one of the most beautiful beaches in India.
Accommodation options are threadbare; there are temporary thatched huts lining the shoreline during the tourist season. Your best bet might be at the Lalit Goa, a few kilometers south, at Raj Baga.
Palolem Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in South Goa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's