- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Loutolim is among Goa's prettiest villages, with lush paddy fields and tranquil village roads that lie under a canopy of forest trees. This is also a lovely area to view some fine examples of Goan-Portuguese architecture. There's not much by way of accommodations except for the charming Casa Susegad. If you are able to get a room, make Loutolim a stopover to experience nontouristy Goa and visit nearby spice plantations, the Brangaza house in Chandor, or the Miranda House—a well-preserved Goan country house. Lunch at one of Goa's most delightful restaurants, Fernando's Nostalgia, in the courtyard of the chef's house on the Ponda-Margao road, is a must if you venture this side.
Elsewhere in South Goa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's