- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The last of the villages before the mouth of the Sal River, Cavelossim is also the end of the coastal road southward from Bogmalo. If you want to continue down the coast, you have to head back inland and take the national highway south, or take a country road up the river and use a ferry. Given that this is a rural area, Cavelossim is a surprisingly developed little place, with a shopping arcade; this is chiefly because of the presence of the Leela, arguably the most luxurious of the southern Goa resorts. The beach is clean and striking because it's at the mouth of the Sal River—serene and flanked by fields and coconut plantations.
This part of South Goa is an end in itself, and it's not a good base from which to explore the rest of the state (if you're keen on beach hopping and other touristy activities, stay up north). It's the place to come when you want to relax, take up residence on the beach, and forget about everything, including trips to town.
Cavelossim at a Glance
Elsewhere in South Goa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's