Sights & Attractions in Goa
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although it is the coastal areas that are the biggest draw for visitors to Goa, if you travel inland you'll find jungles, mountains, and agricultural areas. The north is known for its restaurants, bars and party-hearty beaches. In central Goa you'll find the mammoth ghost town that is Old Goa, as well as Panaji, the state capital. The less-traveled south is home to several high-end hotels and resorts, as well as small villages that allow a glimpse into Goa beyond the beach shacks and all-night parties.
Note that in addresses the terms wadi, waddo, and vado all mean "street."
Browse Goa Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- India Experience IExplore
- Classical India IExplore
- Southern India Experience — $1,099 IExplore
- Enlightened India (18-Day) — $9,995 IExplore