Sights & Attractions in Goa
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although it is the coastal areas that are the biggest draw for visitors to Goa, if you travel inland you'll find jungles, mountains, and agricultural areas. The north is known for its restaurants, bars and party-hearty beaches. In central Goa you'll find the mammoth ghost town that is Old Goa, as well as Panaji, the state capital. The less-traveled south is home to several high-end hotels and resorts, as well as small villages that allow a glimpse into Goa beyond the beach shacks and all-night parties.
Note that in addresses the terms wadi, waddo, and vado all mean "street."
Browse Goa Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe