- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Biryani Palace Review
American expats who like the Palace's relaxed service, open-air seating and good food claim this casual eatery is one of the best restaurants in Anjuna. The cook specializes in biryanis (Indian rice pilaf made with vegetables, spices, and a choice of seafood, chicken or meat), of course, but also barbecued seafood, mixed seafood grills, and Goan specialties. Soft lighting, mat ceilings, rattan chairs on a sandy floor, and no a/c set the mellow mood that is enhanced by classic sitar music—instead of the driving Goan trance beat played in most area restaurants.
- Address: Anjuna Beach Rd., 500 yds. from beach Anjuna, Goa 403509
- Phone: 93/2612–4699
- Location: Anjuna Beach
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more