- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Low-hung black lamps light a woven bamboo ceiling, and Mario Miranda cartoons enliven the walls at this restaurant with excellent fusion food. Try the jerk potatoes peri peri (with hot chili peppers), the tandoor-grilled tiger prawns with lemon mustard sauce, and the naan with pesto. After all this the dessert, such as crêpes filled with gajar ka halwa (a sweet made from carrots), seems almost ordinary.
- Address: Ramada Caravela, Varca Beach, Goa 403721
- Phone: 832/669–5000
- Location: Varca
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more