Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception
Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Review
This grand shrine was a mere chapel before 1541. Soon after, in 1600, it became a parish, and its structure was rebuilt entirely. Now the church almost entirely presides over one of Panaji's squares. The building's distinctive zigzag staircases are a 19th-century addition, and the church's large bell was originally in the Church of St. Augustine in Old Goa. An annual December festival here draws huge crowds. At the other times of the year the square is a peaceful place to linger.
View deals in Goa for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More