- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Goa
Sand and waves: Goa's long, sandy, palm-fringed beaches are perfect for more than just sun worship: scores of shacks serving cold beer and fresh seafood make them one long beach party.
Goan cuisine: If you like spices and caught-that-day seafood, you're in luck.
Backwaters: Rivers flow across Goa to the Arabian Sea. Escape the crowds at a heritage home or country inn for a couple of days, in a town like Loutolim for scenic nature walks, home-style cooking, and generous hospitality.
Parties: Goa's party scene is no longer as hedonistic as in years past, but during peak season the famed all-night beach parties still continue to draw young and not-so-young people from around the world.
Portuguese architecture: Goa was under Portuguese control until 1961, and the colonial past lingers on in its historic buildings, forts, churches, and charming Portuguese homes and mansions.Updated: 03-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's