- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Delhi is the major hub for India's northern rail system, with five train stations. Most arrive at New Delhi Station, within walking distance of Connaught Place; Hazrat Nizamuddin, from which trains leave for Agra and points south; or Old Delhi Station. With luggage in tow and crowded streets, consider taking a taxi or auto-rickshaw to your hotel. Note that traveling by train in India is much different than in the US, in part due to the sheer number of travelers. Terminals are chaotic, and it can be unclear and confusing to determine when and from where your train is scheduled to leave. Trains are often also crowded and delayed. Your best bet, if you choose this means of travel, is to factor in plenty of extra time and a lot of patience. All stations have prepaid taxi and auto-rickshaw stands, though these can get quite busy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's