- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The city's metro service, which came into service in 2002, is air-conditioned, reliable, and state-of-the-art. With new stations and lines opening for service every few months, subway service is rapidly changing the face of the city. It's an inexpensive (starting at Rs. 8 per one-way trip) and convenient way to move between Connaught Place (Rajiv Chowk station), Lutyens' Delhi (Central Secretariat station), and Old Delhi (Chandni Chowk and Chawri Bazaar stations). For example, getting to Old Delhi from CP is three stops and takes about 15 minutes. There are currently five lines—red, yellow, blue, green, and violet. Maps are available at the official tourist office and often at your hotel concierge desk. The Rajiv Chowk station is massive; ask for directions as you go.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's