- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- business services are best-in-class
- has one of India's finest European restaurants
- far from some tourist sites
- in high season you'll battle package-tour crowds
Check Rates from our Partners
Taj Palace Review
Facilities are top-notch in this giant, boomerang-shaped hotel with first-rate business services and good leisure amenities. The teak-paneled business center provides the online Knight-Ridder service and laptops for rent, the health club is amply outfitted, the beauty salon has a range of treatments, and the outdoor pool overlooks manicured lawns. There's even a putting green. Aside from giant traditional lanterns in the sprawling marble lobby, the building is Western and designed for corporate convenience. Half the rooms face the pool and lawns; the rest have city views.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am starting a new thread for the trip report but details of the help I have received getting ready for the journey are on "Independent Travel in India"..Many thanks to all.
Well to begin..We arrived Read more
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more