- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
At a Glance
- restaurants are among Delhi's finest
- top-flight spa
- extremely expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
The Oberoi Review
A beloved favorite of those who visit Delhi often, the city's first modern luxury hotel, built in 1965, is distinguished by its calm—even when it's packed, the sleek, black-marble lobby is peaceful. You're welcomed by a small, marble lotus fountain strewn with rose petals, and the windows opposite reception look down on the zig-zag pool. Rooms have Western furnishings with pleasant sitting areas and Indian accents; deluxe rooms have more amenities, such as DVD players. All rooms have 24-hour butler service. Pool-facing rooms take in the greenery of the Delhi Golf Club; those on the other side face Humayun's Tomb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more