- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
This dark, soothing restaurant with gold-embossed paintings was designed by artisans from the Tamil Nadu town of Thanjavur. The food is Udupi, a vegetarian cuisine from a town near Mangalore. All meals begin with a rasam (peppery soup) that must be the best in Delhi, and the rice dishes are a great introduction to South Indian home cooking. Try a dosa—a giant semolina or lentil-flour crêpe filled with spicy potatoes—particularly the maharaja sajjigemasala dosa, which also includes vegetables. At night, look for the stained-glass entrance; by day, follow signs for the "South Indian Eating Panorama." Alcohol is not served.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more