- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Delhi Restaurant Reviews
Restaurants on this route generally serve kebabs and other grilled meats, birianis (rice casseroles), and the rich almond-and-saffron-scented concoctions of Mughlai cuisine. Most hotels offer a menu of Indian (with choices from various regions), Continental, Chinese (sort of), and sometimes Thai or Japanese dishes; Khajuraho has several Italian restaurants. Small places in villages along the way have simple local vegetarian dishes that are often delicious and cheap. Also keep an eye out for South Indian joints, where a delicious spiced-potato-filled dosa (crisp rice crepe) will fill you up for a 20 rupees or less and is tremendously satisfying. Most restaurants are open from 7 to 10 for breakfast, noon to 3 for lunch, and 7:30 to 11 for dinner; hotels often have a 24-hour or all-day coffee shop.
Browse Delhi Restaurants
Browse Delhi Restaurants By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe