- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Delhi
The Mughal Capital: Delhi has a wealth of Mughal architecture—including Lal Qila (The Red Fort), Humanyun's Tomb, and Jama Masjid—that's survived for 450 years.
Remnants of the Raj: The British may have left in 1947, but colonial architecture still dominates Central Delhi, popularly known as Lutyens' Delhi: beautiful villas and large avenues lined with trees make this one of the most peaceful areas in the city.
Shopping Nirvana: From Western designer duds to beautiful silk Indian saris, there's an incredible selection of ready-to-wear and custom-made clothing in Delhi's variety of malls, shopping centers, and street markets.
Taste of India: Delhi is known as the unofficial food capital of India. From the best Mughlai cuisine (tandoori chicken done right) to tantalizing street food and international fare, you'll find kebabs and more around every corner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe