Fodor's Essential India
Rustic wood tabletops resting on tree-trunk bases, plush, bright-orange seat cushions, and hammered copper plates and goblets create a dark, romantic mood, complemented by the simple, delicious barbecue cuisine of the North West Frontier, in what's now Pakistan. All kinds of meats are freshly prepared over open flames and served with rich, aromatic sauces. The ultra-rich dal bukhara (a combination of whole black lentils, tomatoes, ginger, and garlic along with plentiful ghee and cream) is slow-roasted for hours and makes a perfect choice for any vegetarians in the group. Reservations are recommended: it gets packed.
- Address: ITC Mughal Hotel, Taj Ganj Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/402–1700
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
I'm so confused. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more