Fodor's Essential India
Rustic wood tabletops resting on tree-trunk bases, plush, bright-orange seat cushions, and hammered copper plates and goblets create a dark, romantic mood, complemented by the simple, delicious barbecue cuisine of the North West Frontier, in what's now Pakistan. All kinds of meats are freshly prepared over open flames and served with rich, aromatic sauces. The ultra-rich dal bukhara (a combination of whole black lentils, tomatoes, ginger, and garlic along with plentiful ghee and cream) is slow-roasted for hours and makes a perfect choice for any vegetarians in the group. Reservations are recommended: it gets packed.
- Address: ITC Mughal Hotel, Taj Ganj Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/402–1700
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more