Fodor's Essential India
At a Glance
- gorgeous views
- flawless service
- free rides to the Taj Mahal and guide services
- extremely expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Oberoi Amarvilas Review
One of India's best resorts emulates the opulent lifestyle of the Mughal emperors—complete with your own butler—and has a breathtaking view of the Taj Mahal. It's a Moorish fantasy of sandstone arches, glistening pools, and detail copied from the Taj Mahal, and each spacious room is understatedly elegant, with teak floors and rich fabrics. Standards of service are high, and centralized tipping is a boon. If you don't stay here, come to dine, or for a drink on the terrace. In the evening, the Rajasthani dancers perform on the roof of the pool pavilion.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I will be in India around mid May (11th) and would like to hire a reliable guide/driver to do the golden triangle for 4 days.
I went through the forum but there are so many information, so many Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more