Fodor's Essential India
Occupying an elegant, airy space open to the lobby of the Taj View Hotel, Jhankar has a menu of excellent Indian dishes that include the house specialty, aloo dum chutneywale (potatoes with dried fruits and herbs simmered in a mint and coriander sauce). Also terrific is the Agra delicacy magazi murgh korma (chicken in yogurt, cashews, and poppy seeds, garnished with rose petals and melon seeds). Flavors are subtle and distinct; many herbs and vegetables come from the kitchen garden.
- Address: Taj-View Hotel, Fatehabad Rd., Taj Ganj Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/223–2400 to 18
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I am visiting North India in a few months and I am concerned about safety. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more