Fodor's Essential India
Occupying an elegant, airy space open to the lobby of the Taj View Hotel, Jhankar has a menu of excellent Indian dishes that include the house specialty, aloo dum chutneywale (potatoes with dried fruits and herbs simmered in a mint and coriander sauce). Also terrific is the Agra delicacy magazi murgh korma (chicken in yogurt, cashews, and poppy seeds, garnished with rose petals and melon seeds). Flavors are subtle and distinct; many herbs and vegetables come from the kitchen garden.
- Address: Taj-View Hotel, Fatehabad Rd., Taj Ganj Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/223–2400 to 18
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more