Occupying an elegant, airy space open to the lobby of the Taj View Hotel, Jhankar has a menu of excellent Indian dishes that include the house specialty, aloo dum chutneywale (potatoes with dried fruits and herbs simmered in a mint and coriander sauce). Also terrific is the Agra delicacy magazi murgh korma (chicken in yogurt, cashews, and poppy seeds, garnished with rose petals and melon seeds). Flavors are subtle and distinct; many herbs and vegetables come from the kitchen garden.
- Address: Taj-View Hotel, Fatehabad Rd., Taj Ganj Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/223–2400 to 18
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
Trip to Hampi and Day 1:
It was the first time I was travelling with both my very good friends and their spouses...AJ and I had spent last new years with Pranava/Manoj and we had made innumerable trips Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more