Fodor's Essential India
Through the Amarvilas' illuminated Mughal courtyard and grand marble lobby, this intimate den celebrates local craftsmanship, with square pillars of red sandstone and white marble and carved wooden screens. Through the glass wall of the kitchen you can watch the chefs at work. The menu emphasizes the frequently elaborate and rich Lucknowi cuisine. Specialties include Esphahani raan (leg of lamb, marinated for 24 hours, roasted for 6 to 8 more, deboned, then cooked crisp in the tandoor). The tiger prawns marinated in citrus yogurt are good too. Live instrumental music, including sitar performances, adds to the mood throughout the week.
- Address: Oberoi Amarvilas, Taj East Gate Rd., Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/223–1515
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I am visiting North India in a few months and I am concerned about safety. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more