Fodor's Essential India
The light and spicy South Indian vegetarian dishes served at this town favorite are a nice change from Agra's usual rich Mughlai fare. The Formica tables and fake Tiffany-style lamps evoke an American pizza joint. The food is excellent and service is fast. The thali (a sampler combination plate) may include crisp appam (fried bread made from rice flour) and rasam (thin, spicy lentil soup), as well as fluffy idlis (steamed rice cakes) and dosas (rice crepes). Also available are an unusual selection of fresh juices and a great dessert menu with ice creams and floats.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
As some of you may already know from my responses in this forum, I've been mulling the idea of a trip to India for some time, but have not had the courage to bite the bullet. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more