Fodor's Essential India
Mughal Room Review
A ceiling of faux twinkling stars floats over an interior of rich reds, with brass trays hanging on walls and tables set with silver goblets. The panoramic view from a wall of windows takes in both the Taj Mahal and the Fort, while after dark live ghazals (Urdu love songs) set the mood for Mughlai cuisine. Behind a display window, a chef can be seen making such delicious dishes as bajari tikka (chicken cubes marinated in cream and yogurt, coated with spices, topped with cashews) and kabuli naan (bread stuffed with dried fruits and cheese, sprinkled with cumin seeds).
- Address: Clarks Shiraz, 54 Taj Rd., top fl. Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001
- Phone: 562/222–6121 to 27
- Location: Agra
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
I'm so confused. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more