Agra and Environs Travel Guide
Fodor's Essential India
Plan Your Agra and Environs Vacation
The fastest way to drive to Agra from Delhi is via the Yamuna Expressway, or you can take the other, more historic route, which follows the Grand Trunk Road—a royal route established by India's Mughal emperors in the 16th and 17th centuries, when their capital alternated between Delhi, Agra, and Lahore (now in Pakistan). If you get an early start, you can see Agra's sights in one very tiring day: start at Akbar's Tomb, 10 km (6 miles) north of Agra, then move on to Etmad-ud-Daulah's Tomb, the Taj Mahal, and Agra Fort.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Agra and Environs restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Agra and Environs
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more