- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Jalawan (Jí wū lán měishí)
Jalawan (Jí wū lán měishí) Review
It's very easy to join the crowds of locals relaxing at this restaurant, especially underneath the (admittedly) fake trellises of grapes around a fountain. The staff will hand you an English-language menu whose prices are a few yuan higher than on the Chinese-language menu. But when it's all so cheap, you can't complain too much. Try the lao hu cai, or tiger salad, an evocatively named dish of cucumber chilies and tomatoes, or the pilaf with a cooling bowl of yogurt.
- Address: Seman Lu, on the roundabout opposite the Seman Hotel Kashgar, 844000
- Phone: 0998/258–1001
- Location: Kashgar
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more