- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Culture Street (Wénhuà Jiē)
Culture Street (Wénhuà Jiē) Review
Just inside the city wall, this lively but very touristy pedestrian street is lined with houses that have been rebuilt in traditional Ming style. Shops sell a wide variety of wares, including charming calligraphy and watercolors. If you're coming from South Gate, halfway down the first block you'll find Guanzhong Academy, built in 1609. Take a peek through the gates, as entrance is forbidden. Continue east along the city wall to reach the Forest of Stone Tablets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more