- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Although they are generally cheaper, Chinese package tours are best avoided, as they tend to be big, loud, and aimed at getting you to buy junk. In Southwest China's larger cities, hotels are often the most convenient places to make transportation arrangements. In travel hot spots such as Yangshuo, Lijiang, and Dali there are plenty of English-speaking local travel agents.
China Minority Travel. One of the oldest travel agencies in Southwest China, China Minority Travel offers tours exploring virtually every corner of Southwest China. 63 Bo'ai Lu, Dali, 671003. 0872/267–7824. www.china-travel.nl.
Wild China. This company specializes in unique itineraries in Yunnan, Guizhou, and Guangxi, and can create journeys tailored to specific interests. Oriental Place, 9 Dongfang Dong Lu, Room 801, Chaoyang, Beijing, 100027. 010/6465–6602. www.wildchina.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe