- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Money can be changed in the major hotels or at the Bank of China. The Guilin and Nanning airports have branches and ATMs, and all Bank of China ATMs take international cards. The Kunming airport has a foreign exchange counter just outside the international arrivals gate.
Foreign bank cards on the Cirrus or Plus systems can be used at ATMs displaying their respective logos. Bank of China and ICBC are your best bets. When traveling to remote parts of the region, have cash on hand, as ATMs accepting foreign cards are rare.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe