- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
1910 La Gare du Sud (Huǒchē nán zhàn)
1910 La Gare du Sud (Huǒchē nán zhàn) Review
Located in a renovated railroad station, this restaurant's historic ambience and ample outdoor seating are just as appealing to the menu full of tasty Yunnan dishes. The structure was built in the early 20th century by French colonists, and was once the terminus of the 535-mile railroad linking Hanoi to Kunming. Try a spicy salad of chrysanthemum greens, fried rubing cheese, or grilled tilapia. Don't pass up anything made with Yunnan's prized cured ham. The menu is in English, with photos of most of the options.
- Address: 8 Houxin Jie, Kunming, 650011
- Phone: 0871/6316–9486
- Location: Kunming
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am trying to help my son budget for his first trip overseas to visit a friend in Chongqing. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more