- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Wenhai Ecolodge (Wénhǎi shēngtài lǚguǎn)
At a Glance
- fascinating for nature lovers
- gorgeous setting
- remote location
- rougher than some travelers can handle
- no private bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Wenhai Ecolodge (Wénhǎi shēngtài lǚguǎn) Review
One of the country's first "green" resorts, Wenhai Ecolodge is located in the mountain valley that is home to Lake Wenhai, a seasonal lake that appears between July and March. When the basin is filled, the lake is home to black-necked cranes, black storks, and several varieties of ducks. There is excellent hiking in the valley, and the chance to come across some of the area's endangered plants and animals such as the giant laughing thrush and the winter wren. The 12-room lodge is designed to minimize its environmental impact, and has excellent views of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Room price includes three meals per day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more