- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fengyue Shanshui (Fēngyuè shānshuǐ)
At a Glance
- unique style
- great views
- quiet at night
- rooms may feel a little empty
- often booked solid
- staff does not speak English
Check Rates from our Partners
Fengyue Shanshui (Fēngyuè shānshuǐ) Review
Owned by acclaimed Chinese artist Fang Lijun, this guesthouse is in a class by itself. Marrying traditional architecture with a minimalist interior, Fang has created one of the city's more pleasant places to stay. Rooms are spacious, bright and clean but perhaps a bit spartan. There is a tea-house, there are great rooftop views, and art lovers have a chance to visit Fang's studio.
- Address: 3 Honglongjing, Dali, 671003
- Phone: 0872/266–3741
- Location: Dali
- 17 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more