- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fengyue Shanshui (Fēngyuè shānshuǐ)
At a Glance
- unique style
- great views
- quiet at night
- rooms may feel a little empty
- often booked solid
- staff does not speak English
Check Rates from our Partners
Fengyue Shanshui (Fēngyuè shānshuǐ) Review
Owned by acclaimed Chinese artist Fang Lijun, this guesthouse is in a class by itself. Marrying traditional architecture with a minimalist interior, Fang has created one of the city's more pleasant places to stay. Rooms are spacious, bright and clean but perhaps a bit spartan. There is a tea-house, there are great rooftop views, and art lovers have a chance to visit Fang's studio.
- Address: 3 Honglongjing, Dali, 671003
- Phone: 0872/266–3741
- Location: Dali
- 17 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more