- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Longsheng Longji Rice Terraces (Lóngshèng lóngjí tītián)
Longsheng Longji Rice Terraces (Lóngshèng lóngjí tītián) Review
A mesmerizing pattern of undulating fields has been cut into the hills at the Longsheng Longji Rice Terraces. These terraces, known as the "Dragon's Backbone," are amazing in both their scale and their beauty. They are worked, and have been for generations, by rice farmers from the local Yao, Dong, Zhuang, and Miao communities, who build their houses in villages on the terraced hills.
- Address: Longsheng
- Cost: Y80
- Location: Longsheng Longji Rice Terraces
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am trying to help my son budget for his first trip overseas to visit a friend in Chongqing. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more