- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Black Dragon Pool Park (Hēilóngtán gōngyuán)
Black Dragon Pool Park (Hēilóngtán gōngyuán) Review
Outside the Old Town, Black Dragon Pool Park has a tranquil pavilion where locals come to play cards and drink tea. Sadly, recent droughts mean that the pool is almost entirely devoid of water during the dry winter season. The rest of the year, the park is one of the most popular places to photograph nearby Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The park is home to the Dongba Research Institute Museum (Dōngba wénhuà bówùguǎn), devoted to Naxi Dongba culture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
We are Swiss couple planning to do our honeymoon (max. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more