Southwestern China Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Southwestern China
Lose Yourself in Lijiang: Treasured by the Chinese and home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the winding cobblestone lanes of Lijiang beckon to all.
Lush Xishuangbanna Rain Forests: Hugging the borders of Laos and Myanmar, this small city in Yunnan is home to the legendary Dai minority people, who make you feel far from the rest of China.
Trek Tiger Leaping Gorge: Explore the deepest gorge in the world, and one of the most scenic spots in all of Yunnan, and possibly China.
Guizhou's Eye-Popping Huangguoshu Falls: Travel to the Baishui River in Guizhou, where the largest waterfall in China plummets 230 feet.
Cycling around Yangshuo: Snake your way through this strange lunarlike landscape of limestone karsts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe