- Lose yourself in Lijiang Treasured by the Chinese and home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the winding cobblestone lanes of Lijiang beckon to all.
- Lush Xishuangbanna rain forests Hugging the borders of Laos and Myanmar, this small city in Yunnan is home to the legendary Dai minority people, who make you feel far from the rest of China.
- Trek Tiger Leaping Gorge Explore the deepest gorge in the world, and one of the most scenic spots in all of Yunnan, and possibly China.
- Guizhou's eye-popping Huangguoshu Falls Travel to the Baishui River in Guizhou, where the largest waterfall in China plummets 230 feet.
- Cycling around Yangshuo Snake your way through this strange lunar landscape of limestone karsts.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More