- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
If you're after a China experience where the cuisine is fiery and pandas can be found in the forests gnawing on bamboo, Sichuan Province in southwestern China is a good bet. Smack-dab in the middle of Sichuan, the capital city of Chengdu is easy to navigate, thanks to its subway system and plentiful taxis. It's also acclaimed for its many outdoor gear shops that can equip one for any of Sichuan's local and neighboring natural wonders. For those interested in witnessing the mighty Three Gorges Dam, the city of Chongqing, 240 km (150 miles) southeast of Chengdu, is where the best Yangtze tour boats begin their journey downriver.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's